Sunday, January 8, 2012

What is the age you can get your drivers license in Florida?

one of my friends told me the age you get your drivers license in Florida was being changed from 16 to 17. No one else has said anything about this does anyone know if it's true?|||I live in Florida, I did hear something about that, but am unsure of the details. I think it was something about 16 to get a learners permit and 17 for a regular license. When I was younger (in FL), I was able to get my permit at 15 and a regular license at 16. I guess too many of us back then drove pretty bad, so now they want to increase the age. Sorry about that.|||There was a petition by an insurance and safety group to have it raised from 16 to 18 late last year, but the governor (Crist) was against it and did not support it. I don't believe it has passed yet, and probably won't if the governor isn't behind the change.





If you look at the statistics, they should probably issue the license at 16, take it away at 18, and reinstated it at 19. It seems 18 year olds are the ones who disengage their brains more when driving.|||i haven't heard about any changes, i believe it's still learners at 15 and DL at 16......try www.myflorida.com for answers

No comments:

Post a Comment