Thursday, January 19, 2012

Going to get my Florida driver's License, but I don't have a car to take the test with?

I'm 21 years old, and I'm getting my florida drivers license. I made the appointment online but it states that I have provide my own car. The only way possible is borrowing my brother's car while he's at work and having one of my friends (licensed and 21 years old) come with me. The car is under my brother's name and is insured and has a valid registration.



Is this possible to do?Going to get my Florida driver's License, but I don't have a car to take the test with?
Yes. It's possible, legal, and perfectly acceptable. You don't need a letter. They most likely won't bother checking the registration. Even if they do, you tell them it's your brother if they ask. You don't need a letter. People use other people's cars all the time.


As long as the car isn't reported stolen, nobody will care.Going to get my Florida driver's License, but I don't have a car to take the test with?
That would work, as long as you have the registration with you when you take the test. (Have a letter from your brother authorizing you to use his car, just in case).



A much easier (but not free) way is to go to a driving school and tell them you'd like to use one of their cars to take the test. They'll bring you to the test, wait while you take it and bring you back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment