Thursday, January 12, 2012

How to switch NYS Driver Licenses to a Florida Drivers Licenses?

I have a bad NYS driver Licenses and was wandering, if i switched my NYS license to Florida, but still reside in NY is that possible?



Would I loose the points on my licenses?

How would I go about establishing residency in Florida?



My mom has a Florida State Licenses and my father has a NYS Licenses



My parents have a home in Florida and I was planning on attending school in Florida anyways?How to switch NYS Driver Licenses to a Florida Drivers Licenses?
The time limit for changing varies by state, (usually between 2 weeks and 2 months) but all states require that a person living in that state have a license in that state. You can not have multiple licenses and any record follows the driver as the new state will check with the old state for your driving record before issuing a license. When you move to Florida, you will be able to obtain a Florida license, but if you still use NY as your legal home of record, you may be required to keep your NY license. (Students attending school in another state and military stationed in a different state than their home of record are exempt from the requirement to change licenses.) If you have a FL license, but are living in NY, you will be ticketed if stopped for any reason. If you are living in FL, you can visit NY and drive legally with a FL license.
  • andys auto sport
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment