Thursday, January 19, 2012

Obtaining a drivers license when moving to florida?

So i am planning on moving to florida right after i graduate from high school to attend college.



My question is



Right away I have to get a florida drivers license correct.

Well if so do I have to have insurance from florida because my parents were going to pay for my insurance and keep my on there plan. What happens if they go with something like progressive which is an national plan.



Can they keep me on then?



Also when getting a new license from there do I have to take any tests or anything. I will be 18 when I get it?



Thanks.Obtaining a drivers license when moving to florida?
No, you do not have to get a Florida drivers license if you're just there for college, and do not plan on staying there after graduation. In that case, you can keep your license from your home state. Talk to your current insurance agent to see if their company will be able to cover you while you're in FL.

No comments:

Post a Comment